Take advantage of the distance learning courses in clothing & fashion offered by the eTelestia training center.
During the courses you should regard eTelestia.com as a 'Virtual' Training Center, offering the same services and support available in a 'real' training environment
The Student's Room of eTelestia will be your personal private space where you can:
- • Manage your Online Profile Card
- • Find out what class sessions you need to download
- • Communicate with your Online Tutor
- • Communicate with other registered students and alumni in the Virtual Café
- • Use the Illustrated Online Glossary
- • Get special offers available to our registered users and register to new courses
- • Access additional information and support necessary to complete your course successfully.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and find out more on our programme and how it works.
Learning sessions are set to help you develop and practice your acquired skills. In the Pattern Making, Fashion Design and Sewing courses each learning session is a downloadable component, which requires approx. 1-2 hours of study practice and represents an important learning step and a visible increase in skills.
An Online Tutor (OT) will be assigned to you via the eTelestia website to help you with your course. The OT assigned to you will smooth out any difficulties you may face, and at specific times during the course monitor and evaluate your progress and make sure that you are getting the best out of the course. The OT will:
- • Answer any questions that you may have while studying and practicing. You can direct any questions you have to your OT and expect to have them answered directly within 48 hours.
- • Answer any questions that are not addressed on the eTelestia website.
- • Send you messages regarding your progress or the development of the course.
- • Monitor your progress and evaluate your assignments and contributions.
Online Profile/Progress Card
An online profile card allows you to track your progress in the course, the modules that have been downloaded, questions asked to your tutor and remaining modules that need to be completed.
The Virtual Café is an open discussion area, where you can 'get together' with other eTelestia students and alumni to exchange views and share ideas. It also provides a way to centralise conversations and discussions into a common area, so that all students can share their experiences during the training process and benefit from this.
Illustrated online Glossary
Consult our online illustrated glossary on fashion design and pattern construction terms.